As you make your way through the documentation, here are some other resources that can help you get off the ground.
- Massively Scaling MySQL using Vitess: a presentation at QCon San Francisco 2018 by Sugu Sougoumarane, Vitess co-creator and PlanetScale CTO
- Vitess: Scaling MySQL with Sugu Sougoumarane: Find out more about what happens when a query is parsed by Vitess.
- PlanetScale: Sharded Database Management with Jiten Vaidya and Dan Kozlowski: a podcast with Software Engineering Daily discussing scaling relational databases with Vitess, and the type of engineering debt you incur if you scale in-app instead of with a tool like Vitess
- Q&A With Jiten Vaidya: Why Companies like YouTube, Slack and JD.com Use Vitess
- Sharding Cash: Square's engineering team at Cash App wrote a fantastic series on using Vitess to shard Cash