KubeCon + CloudNativeCon in Barcelona, we just have to be there! PlanetScale was not only founded by the co-founders and maintainers of the open source project Vitess, Vitess is also an incubating project in CNCF.
The PlanetScale team will be at KubeCon + CloudNative Con in full force!
- We kick off on Monday 05/20/2019 with two of our engineers speaking at Cloud Native Storage Day. Dan will speak on "Stateful Applications in Production" at 10:30-11:00, then at 12:45 Deepthi will moderate the panel, "Best Practices for creating DBaaS using CNS". Details here.
- For something completely different, come join KubeHunt, a treasure hunt co-hosted with Red Hat, Turbonomic, and other great companies. Sign up now to take the chance to see Barcelona's delightful Gothic Quarter, possibly winning great prizes in the process. For the best part of the day, come to "Smooth Operator" (you need to have registered for KubeHunt to attend), a special event at Ocana to hear about how and why PlanetScale built a certified operator
- Jiten will have some great news to share! He’ll be meeting with users, partners, press, analysts, and basically anyone who wants to talk about PlanetScale.
- All day Monday, we’ll be at the Kubernetes Operator Frameworks Workshop. There’s a little bit of Vitess to talk about there! The workshop is at capacity, but there is a waitlist and the doors open at 3pm to talk Operators. Monday 05/20/19 9:00-17:00, Fira Gran Via Hall 8.0 Room D2.
- Sugu and Deepthi are doing an Intro to Vitess, covering the features and a tutorial (!) on bringing up a Vitess cluster in Kubernetes. They will then go through the steps to reshard the database while it’s serving live traffic. Wednesday 05/22/19 11:05, Hall 8.0 E1.
- Jiten and Dan will take the scary out of storing data in the cloud with Vitess Deep Dive, including configuring a resilient Vitess server and how it survives various events like pod evictions and node restarts. Thursday 05/23/19 14:50, CC7.
And oh yea, we’ll have a booth. We are hanging out in the start-up section, booth SE28. We’ll be showing a live demo of Vitess. Watch the sharding in action!
Want to set up a meeting with the PlanetScale team to talk all things Vitess? We LOVE meeting with the community!
For stateful workload for Kubernetes, it’s Vitess and PlanetScale! See you in Barcelona.