PlanetScale is growing rapidly and reinventing the database space. We have built the database for developers unlike any others – we kept the good parts of the relational database and left behind the baggage. Because our 'touch of the button' solutions are so unique, our customers choose to entrust us with what is often their most precious digital assets, so the stakes couldn't be higher.
We love our customers. We want them to experience the delight of using the world’s best database. However, not everything goes to plan all the time. We are looking for an experienced leader who can build a support organization that obsesses over the success of our customers.
The database is one of the most critical pieces of infrastructure in the software stack. Our customers trust us to deliver a high quality and robust solution. Part of living up to the responsibility that comes with that trust is providing excellent customer support.
What’s the job to be done?
- Help build a highly technical support organization from the ground up through hiring, training, and defining team policies and processes
- Scale processes and systems that provide autonomy to support engineers so that they can provide the best experiences for our customers
- Establish a culture that promotes excellence both internally and externally
- Ensure that support engineers are productive, happy, and developing in their careers and skill sets
These attributes best describe you…
- You are optimistic and able to operate in ambiguous or changing situations
- You care deeply about the careers of the people you are responsible for
- You nurture talent and give people the opportunity to excel
- You can put yourself in the shoes of both support staff and our users and advocate on the behalf of others
What you will need
- Significant experience in building and managing a high performing Support organization
- Background including a customer support role for a software or SaaS company
- Experience with people management and a strong understanding of the Support function
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to lead by example and contribute to the customer-facing work
What else will help you be successful
- Experience working on or managing an all-remote team
- Exposure to relational databases or software development
- Experience building organizations from the ground up